Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sports and Movies...

Now that I have some time off I've been catching up on all the movies that I've missed.

However, the best movie I've seen all year just opened last weekend. Let There Be Blood starring Daniel Day Lewis may actually be the best movie I've seen in several years. It's really amazing.

The other great movies that I've seen lately are Juno, No Country for Old Men, Atonement and SuperBad. I actually saw Superbad a few months ago but I really loved it.

My sports viewing, however, has been downright awful. It's been tough being a sports fan in Illinois lately.

Cubs- Swept in first round of playoffs. Embarrassing.
Bears- Pathetic. They should be ashamed at how they played this year.
Bulls- Terrible. They should be so much better.
Illini football- I didn't think they'd be USC, but I didn't think they would be humiliated like that.
Illini Basketball- I've been watching Illini basketball for 20 years and this is the worst team I've ever seen. They might not win a conference game this year. Pathetic.

The White Sox and Notre Dame were pretty bad this year too, but that didn't effect me too much. I kind of hate those teams.

So, I guess I'm going to have to alter my viewing habits for movies. Since so many of my teams suck this year I'm going to start watching movies like they're sporting events.

****

Now that football is over on NBC Sports Action Team moves to 11:15 on Sunday nights. Don't miss it!

No comments: