Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hilo…


A few things…

My computer has been coasting on fumes. It's 5 years old and has been heavily used over that time.

In the past few weeks it has been dying a slow death. My spellcheck stopped working. My thesaurus disappeared. My grammar-check imploded. All of my writing tools stopped working. For the last 150 pages, my writing program has been a rudimentary notebook.

I also cannot edit video or operate most of my software.

With all these problems, I still managed to use it 6 to 8 hours a day writing and using the Internet. There were some days that I swear I saw smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe.

Yesterday, I bit the bullet and bought a new computer. Not just any computer though. I bought a Mac!


I am now "that guy".

***

Yesterday I taught the first of an 8 week class at Laughtrack Theater in Honolulu.

Afterward, we went to a hot dog restaurant called "Hank's Haut Dogs".


This is not your ordinary hot dog stand.

I had a Fat Boy hot dog, which was a deep fried hot dog wrapped in bacon.

Yep.

I also had a Duck and Foie Gras hot dog.

Yep.

This was all accompanied by French Fries cooked in Duck Fat.


Holy moley. Crazy.

I was accompanied by Kim, Shannon, Aaron…


…Larrissa and Scott…


We all ate very well.

The Foie Gras dog was a Saturday special.

Here are the other specials of note:
Tuesday-Alligator Hot Dogs
Wednesday-Rabbit Dogs
Thursday-Buffalo Dogs
Friday-Lobster Dogs
Sunday-Kobe Beef Dogs

There's a chance I'm going to find a way to try all of these.

***

The final bit of news is a little personal.

2 weeks ago in Kauai, Jeannie and I got engaged.

Here's the bench where it happened.


-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

Alex said...

Jeff, you say that you use your computer 6-8 hours a day writing. Are you possibly writing another book?

Jill said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you both!