Wednesday, March 14, 2012

St. Thomas...

Went for a run in St. Thomas. It was still incredibly windy, but the sun was out.



There's a great scene on Seinfeld where George talks about how he can't stop sweating. Jerry says, "Didn't you shower after you were done with the gym?" and George responds, "It didn't take!". That's what happened to me today after my run. I didn't stop sweating until 3 hours after my shower. I was a mess walking around town today.

Here's a few interesting things I found today:

I've mentioned in previous blog posts how Pringles are the number one chip in the world. No matter where you are, you can always find Pringles. We've been in remote little stores in Costa Rica, Dominica, Guatemala and even Japan, where there's no recognizable American food anywhere to be found, but there's always a shelf with the familiar Pringles canisters. St. Thomas goes one step further.


They have four sizes of Pringles. I've only seen the large and the small. I've never seen those two medium sizes.

Every cruise, there's always a few old guys who walk around in captain's hats. This is the first time I've seen a guy where the tri-corner pirate hat.


He wears that hat everywhere. He even wore it to our show a few nights ago. I was going to point it out during the show, but thought, he's already getting more than enough attention.

These are the busses in St. Thomas.


I think Chicago should go with something like this. It might make for some cold winter commutes, but then again, it's 76 degrees in Chicago today anyway. Our friends riding home from work today would love to drive home like that.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: