Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Improv in Barcelona...

For the past few days, we've been casually wandering around Barcelona.  It's a nice change of pace from the blitzkrieg we did throughout Italy.




On Sunday during my run I found a cool park so I took Jeannie and her family there to see it.  We then went down to Port Olympico by the water and had paella by the beach.
I found a theater that shows movies in their original language with Spanish subtitles, so we saw the Avengers.  Hated it.  I think I'm the only person in the world who disliked it, but I really didn't enjoy it.

What I did enjoy was relaxing in a movie theater while drinking a big diet coke and eating a delicious tub of popcorn.  So, if you came to me tomorrow and asked, "Do you want to go see Avengers tomorrow?"  I would say yes.  So, I guess my review would be, "I disliked it, but I didn't dislike it enough to make me hate popcorn and diet coke!"

They don't put butter on their popcorn here, but it was still very good.  Jeannie and her mom got the half n half popcorn.  It's half regular popcorn, half caramel popcorn.

Sunday night I went to the Born area of the city and taught an Improv class.  It was for B.I.G (Barcelona Improv Group).  They're an English speaking improv company here in the city.  I had a great time with them and we made arrangements for me to come back the following night to teach another workshop.

On Monday we went to Las Ramblas, the big shopping thoroughfare downtown.  We walked over to La Boqueria, the food market.

It was amazing.  There was food everywhere and it looked gorgeous.  

Stacks and stacks and stacks of beautiful produce, candy, vegetables and meats.





 They had lots of little treats to have.
 After the market, we shopped and toured through the El Gotic area.  We stopped to eat and Jeannie's dad Tom had snails with rabbit.

El Gotic is Very cool, very medieval.

That night on our way to the B.I.G. workshop, we walked back a large collection of older men enjoying a competitive game of bocce ball.  If we hadn't had other plans, I would have stayed there and watched them all night.  They were very entertaining.
Working with the B.I.G. folks again was great.  They're a nice, fun, smart and funny group.  I had a great time with them.

Tuesday, the plan is to see a couple of Gaudi buildings and then maybe go out for a show.

No comments: