Tuesday, December 23, 2014

NYC...

Once I got off the ship, my flight wasn't until the next day, so I spent the afternoon and evening in New York City.

I checked into my hotel in the Flat Iron District and walked around the neighborhood.


From there, I walked over to the Brooklyn Bridge.

Now, I know very well that was a very long walk, but I'd been on the cruise ship 9 out of 11 days so I was eager to spend some time outside getting some exercise. Also, Jeannie and I had spent a lot of time in New York the past several years, so I've got a decent familiarization with Manhattan.

I walked around SoHo and did some Christmas shopping.

I walked through Chinatown and curved over to the Bridge.

Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge is something I've always wanted to do.  To New Yorkers, that probably seems silly, but I thought it was really cool.




After that I took the train back to the neighborhood where I was staying.  I'd read about a place that did Deep Fried pizza, so I made my way over to try it.

It was interesting.  It was like eating amazingly fresh and tasty pizza ingredients on a sweet, big, fat, flat donut.

Later on in the evening, I went to the McKittrick Hotel to watch Sleep No More.  I can't really explain what the show is, so if you want to know more, read this.

It was a warm, foggy night and I really enjoyed walking through the Chelsea neighborhoods.  It's home to the UCB and Magnet Theaters and I've performed at both of those, so it was nice walking around through and area I was fairly familiar with.

I made it to my hotel and the misty skies were cool.



The next day I went to breakfast at the Donut Plant.







Delicious.

It was a great little trip.  I wish Jeannie had been there, but it was really great to wander around and see some fun stuff.

No comments: